Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday is fun!

Today’s post is all about how good life can be. I know it’s cold and gray outside, and I know that I am SO ready for Spring. I am definitely longing for sunny days again, but every once in a while I need to stop and think about how blessed I am. I mean REALLY!

I have great friends, I mean great! Great single friends, great friends that the hubs and I hang out with as couples…just the type of genuine people that cannot ever be replaced. The type of friends that are priceless, truly.

I have a great husband. Sure, at times we have our disagreements…and I’m always on him to make sure he’s pulling his weight in cleaning duties (which by the way he’s REALLY taking up more responsibility around the house YES!). When it comes down to it – he’s super sweet. Last Friday (after a loooooong emotional-crazytown week…thanks a lot hormones!) he appeared after work with a bouquet of flowers in hand and instructions for me. “Sit down and don’t do a thing.” He prepared steaks on the grill, potatoes, and asparagus. YUM! These steaks were SO good – and he used as little butter has possible as to not aggravate my tummy. After ALL that – he still cleaned everything up after dinner. I just can’t get over how much he continues to display his love for me.

I have a family that really loves me. Not only my own family, but my hubs family too! I mean, how many people can really say they miss seeing their in-laws? Lol! Well I can!

Ok – so a little update on the bridal shower for my brother’s fiancé! The place has confirmed they will do it for the amount I requested YES! French Café in Omaha is the best! What a cute place for an event. I have purchased the invites and will post the ones I selected as soon as I get them! I can’t wait to show them off!

This weekend it’s hangin’ with the jr high girls! My friend Melanie is coming over and we are hanging out with the girls in our jr. high group from church. What a crazy bunch! It will probably be a pretty small group though because many are on vacation. I’m going to attempt to make little clutch purses with them. We will see how it goes…

So next time you get down because the crappy weather in Chicago, or a bad day at work...take a step back and really count your blessings. We have SO much to be thankful for! SO MUCH!

Life is good!

0 comments:

Post a Comment