Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

20 weeks and counting...

So, I'm a little behind in my blogging, but am still proud that I've been updating this on a regular basis!  This is going to make such a great memory book some day!  Hopefully as time goes on I will get better at posting pictures, but for now I'm really happy about the somewhat regular updates!

Ok so on to the actual update.  We had the ultrasound and found out what the baby was!!  The good news is that I have pictures of the baby GIRL that's growing in my tummy!!!  That not-great news is that we really don't have any clue what to call this little nugget.  Knowing it's a girl does help us focus though.  I've gone back and forth on whether or not to share the names we are considering.  It tends to welcome everyone's opinion on the name process...but at the same time I always thought it odd when the parents wouldn't share what the name was. (no offense to those of you who do this...who knows maybe I will want to do this in the future?)

Below you will find 3 pictures.  2 of which look like a normal ultra sound...1 of which is a little creepy honestly. It's one of those 3D ones.  Neither Brian or I like this one, but since we only have 3 I'm posting them!  OH actually you will see 4 because I wanted to post the FIRST ultrasound that was done 8 weeks or so in. 

 Above is the 1st ultrasound image.  There's really not much to see - that little blob you see in the midst of the black abyss is our little baby.
 Here we have 20 weeks!  MUCH different!  I can't even believe it really. You can see a distinct head and nose, that little bump around her tummy area is a hand.
 Here she is on her tummy, which provides a great shot of her spine!  Her legs are all tucked up under her.  It's so crazy how you can see bones and all that through the ultrasound.  I never really thought about being able to see those.  She sure loves being curled up in a little ball though!
 This one is slightly on the creepy side. It's the 3D one.  I mean...it's not all bad, but just really different than what we are used to.  She was not really cooperating with this at all.  She had both of her hands over her face. (lol I used to do this as a child when I didn't want my picture taken) Finally the technician got her to take 1 hand down - and took the shot.
 After finding out what the baby was, Brian and I were hungry, so we checked out Meatheads...and loved it! Definite repeat!  I also got Red Mango for a treat!  Brian reluctantly let me go, but set his phone timer saying I only had 12 minutes to go, order, and eat it!  He totally cheated to because he reset the timer when I wasn't looking for LESS time!!!  He later redeemed himself and visited pottery barn with me.
 After visiting 2 day cares we were worn out! What a big day, more on that later...we went home and crashed for a bit.  Later that evening my friends Becca and Stef came over and made little cake-batter truffles with me! They are SO special to me, I can't even express how important their friendship is to me.  Anyway, so Becca was super excited and took a quick pic of Stef and I!  Stef is 5 days "ahead" of me!
I really am not fond of my hair in this photo...and feel I look terribly awkward, buuuuut it's a milestone and it MUST be recorded! THANK you Becca for making us do this! ha!

0 comments:

Post a Comment