Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

First full week.

Well, here I am riding the train for the 7th round trip. My new job is going pretty well. My healthy eating choices are still pretty much on track, and I'm still trying to be more active than I have been in the past. The walk from the train to work and back definitely helps.
I still have second thoughts about making the job change. I talk to my replacement back at the old job and sometimes wonder, "what have I done?" Everyone I talk to assures me that I made a great decision and I, for the most part, agree with them...but there's this nagging hesitant feeling.
The people I work with seem very fun and hard working. This is a great combination! They also seem pretty laid-back too, which is crazy to me because it's a sales office! I'm sure there are plenty of conflicts that I am not aware of at the moment.
Tomorrow the whole office (actually whole corporate group) is doing a charity bike ride. The ride is 10 miles! The 10 mile option is actually the short option. Ten miles seems terribly ambitious for me. I haven't been on a real bike since I was in my teens! I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't nervous. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a sore butt on Thursday! The craziest part is that we are to meet at the office at 7:30am, start riding at 8:30, be dine by 10:30....then at some point go back to the office and work a bit. Then go to a happy hour at 4:30/5ish! These people are mad! I have 2 more work days in the week!!
The good side is...there are people less in shape than me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment