Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Exercise: day 2

Yesterday was a rest day, so that makes today a workout day!

Ok, so I didn't exactly do Day 2, Week 1 of the couch to 5k program today like I was originally planning. BUT I did, however spend 30 minutes of quality time with Jillian Michaels. Hindsight being what it is, I might have fared better on my own with the jogging/walking combo.

Working out with Jillian is like having not only your own personal trainer right beside you, but one who continually reminds you of how strong and able you are. You don't even pay extra for the encouragement! It's pretty awesome. She doesn't shame you for following the "modified/easier version" of the activity, yet she doesn't allow you to slack off either. She's a perfect balance of friend and trainer.

I'm not exactly sure what caused me to decide to work out twice in one week already? I guess I've been inspired by quite a few people around me that take such good care of themselves. I want to feel better about myself as well. Also, whenever I get a workout routine going I do tend to have more energy, eat better, and wake up refreshed in the morning. Right now though...it's difficult to get to sleep because of the pain my body is in. I get headaches because of the tension in my shoulder muscles as well...it's super annoying. I just keep thinking about the end result...maybe I won't be so weak.

I really don't mind being thin, but at times it's just sucks to be the sole weakest one in the bunch. I just don't like being the poor fragile one...it's enough that I have inconvenient GI issues at times. For once I'd like to have some type of physical endurance.

I know what I lack in physical strength I'm sure God has made up for it elsewhere in how He made me, so that's good...but heart-strength really doesn't help me open a jar when Brian is outta town! Lol

Well, now that I've worked in my body, it's time for my soul. Time to spend some quality time with my Savior.

0 comments:

Post a Comment