Pages

Sunday, March 2, 2014

God at Work




I go to Harvest Bible Chapel in Rolling Meadows and yes...I admit I completely borrowed their logo for God at Work above. 
I started attending in late 2006 and never looked back.  A series of hard, traumatic circumstances drove me to seek the Lord and really find out where I really was in my faith.  To tell you the truth...I was a poor excuse for a Christian looking back at that time in my life.  The difficult circumstances were from a combination of my poor choices and "life happening" all at the same time.
I don't enjoy testimonies that glorify the wrong in the past, so suffice to say in a matter of 8 months time I had gone through a divorce, lost one brother to suicide and my father to lung complications, and was in a rebound relationship that I knew I needed to end.  I had nearly no friends, was living alone, and wanted to stop the world so I could get off!
I entered Harvest on a cold December day.  I instantly knew that this was where I should be...that God was going to use this church/these people to mend what was broken and what I had selfishly ripped apart.  The 1st person I connected with there invited me to her small group - and the Lord used those amazing women to start the healing process. 
Fast forward a few years and here we are - I'm married to an amazing, caring, godly man and have a beautiful daughter. We go to a couples small group now and couldn't ask for a better group of people. 

Life now isn't perfect...actually far from it.  The last 3 years have been chalked full of trials, consequences, and overall hard financial times.  Some are a result of bad decisions, some (I'm sure) trials allowed by God to refine us, and some...well...maybe just life happening.  All that to say - God has never let us down - not even one time. 
A close friend of mine said she believes God is trying to teach me (us) something and this is why these past 3 years have been so incredibly hard.  As hard as it is to admit...I tend to agree with her.  As I look back thus far I see us closer as a couple, better with our money, more reliant (not perfect) on the Lord for needs, and closer on a spiritual level.  This is just scratching the surface really...and merely things I can list off the top of my head.  God has given us a family away from our families in other states.  He's provided money when we least expected it and used various people in our lives to bless us beyond our wildest prayer.  He's brought friends in our lives when we needed it most - but perhaps were too proud to really ask.

This is my 1st blog in 2014 - I have put off writing it for 2 months because every time I started to type something...it just didn't seem "right."  This seems right.  I'm beginning my 2014 blog year by declaring that I trust the Lord in everything and I know where my provision and strength comes from.  I'm drawing a line in the sand...no more am I turning to fear and fret.  I see the Lord has grown me in this over the years and I know I'm not perfect but am increasing in victory.  I've never really been sure if "prayer reallyworks" in the past, but I can say without hesitation it DOES and it will become more and more a vital part of my weekly, if not daily routine. 
The last 3 years have been hard...but they would've been impossible without the Lord.  Impossible.  So now - as I embrace this new chapter in my life...as I look for God to provide my next job I'm NOT afraid, but excited and expectant.  He's been faithful before and will continue to be faithful  This year might be the hardest yet...but I will continue to seek Him...I strongly believe that He is teaching me how to not be shaken and to trust in His name.

Psalm 62:6-7
Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
    he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
My salvation and my honor depend on God;
    he is my mighty rock, my refuge.











0 comments:

Post a Comment