Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

Accountability


OK, I know the comic is cheesy, but I needed something light after my last post. 
I've decided my previous post is going to lead to a new type of blog for me during this season of my life.  For those of you stopping by to see cute pictures of the kiddo (and random news about the family (ahem grandma) please keep checking in!  I will still give updates!
Right now, since I have the extra time, I'm going to write about my journey (such and epic word) to finding a job.
Some of you might or might not know that Friday was my last day with a company that I absolutely loved.  It's a bit of a long story how I came to leave, so I won't bore you with the details.  We're going to start with today - moving forward.

I'm not sure if I will write about every day, but I'm going to try to be pretty consistent.  Mostly for my benefit because I want to look back at these days and see growth in me.  I want to see where I had problems and where my successes were.  Afterall - that's why we document things right?  To look back with fond memory or to avoid repeating the same mistakes over and over again.
So here it is -
Day 1 of my job search.  I finished my resume and am now in the process of posting it on the job boards.  This is a new experience for me.  I don't recall searching for a job this way since I was fresh out of college.  Humbling. 
I had a phone interview last week and a phone screen with a recruiter today.  I also was able to reconnect with an individual with 20 years of experience in the industry.  My talk with him went very well and he highlighted a potential opportunity that could be available in a month or so.  The position sounded like a perfect match for me, so I was very encouraged. 
The afternoon was spent organizing a few meet-ups and chats for the remainder of this week.  I don't want a single minute to be wasted.
Tonight I sat down to memorize a verse that I believe will be helpful as I move forward. Matthew 11:29 - "Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me.  For I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."  The main part of this that stands out is "and learn from me"  I MUST learn something from all this to avoid repeating a similar scenario in the future.
As I move forward I'm praying for an open mind and open heart and ears to hear.  I don't want to be reliant on my own strength, wits, or will to get out of this.  I know the Lord has a plan and a place for me.  I'm seeking His direction.  And now - every day I will be accountable for updating this blog on what I've been doing and what I've been learning.



0 comments:

Post a Comment