Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Cleanse him

Before we join in prayer for our husbands I just feel like I need to say something.  Some of these prayers get pretty specific and I want to point out that I am following the template of "the power of a praying wife" book, so perhaps the book prays for a sin, unconfessed sin etc...  I just want to state that I don't want that to negatively reflect on Brian.  I think it's important to pray against sin in our husbands' lives, but since I'm praying "publicly" I don't want people to think I have something specific about Brian in mind and I'm writing it here for the world to see.

Ok - glad I got that off my chest.

Let's pray, " Lord I pray that You would convict my husband of any error in his life. Let there be "nothing covered that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known.  Cleanse him from any secret sins and teach him to be a person who is quick to confess when he is wrong (Ps 19:12). Help him to recognize his mistakes. Give him eyes to see Your truth and ears to hear your voice. Bring him to full repentance before you. If there is suffering to be done, let it be the suffering of a remorseful heart and not because the crushing hand of the enemy has found an opening into his life through unconfessed sin. Lord, I know that humility must come before honor (Pr. 15:33). Take away all pride that would cause him to deny his faults and work into his sould a humility of hear so that he will receive the honor You have for him."

In Jesus name, Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment