Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Mini-update

I have enjoyed sharing the last two prayers with you.  I will share another one today, but before I do I feel like I should update you on the family.

This past week has been a whirlwind of activity...mostly stressful activity.  A week ago started with Claire going to physical therapy and crying the whole way through - then a trip to the doctor where we found out she still had her ear infection and it got much worse.  We picked up some new meds...then she was off to the helmet doctor.  THREE doctor visits in one day makes for a crazy day.  I'm sure at this point Brian wishes he could actually have a day off!!  Wednesday Claire was having an extremely hard time breathing and we ended up renting a nebulizer to help her get through it.  She did well with the treatments and only cried when I would give her the treatment!  The daycare went on and on about how well she did during them!  Go figure - the "fighting mom" attitude is starting quite early in my opinion!

Brian's parents sensed we had a very stressful week and they took action and drove out for the weekend.  Saturday evening they pushed us out the door for a date night.  We decided to really live it up and go to diPescara in Northbrook.  We had a wonderful time of just us.  Truth be told - it really was needed.  It was just a great time to connect and not feel rushed or guilty.

Brian's arm is healing well.  Two more weeks and he will get his cast off.  We are all excited about that.  (yes even Claire...she may not know she's excited, but I assure you - she is)

Well, that about catches you up.  I am continuing to pray for Brian on a regular basis. Maybe not every day, but definitely making an effort to do this more and more regularly.

Happy Monday.

..."God, I proclaim you Lord over my life.  Help me to seek you first every day and set my priorities in perfect order.  Reveal to me how to properlly put my husband before children, work, family, friends, activities, and interests.  Show me what I can do right now to demonstrate to him that he has this position in my heart.  Mend the times I have cause him to doubt that.  Tell me how to prioritize everything so that whatever steals life away, or has no lasting purpose, will not occupy my time.  I pray for my husband's priorities to be in perfect order as well.  Be Lord and ruler over his heart.  Help him to choose a simplicity of life that will allow him to have time alone with you, Lord, a place to be quiet in your presense every day.  Speak to him about making your Word, prayer, and praise a priority.  Enable him to place me and our children in greater prominence in his heart than career, friends, and activities.  I pray he will seek you first and submit his all to you, for when he does I know the other pieces of his life will fit together perfectly."

In Jesus name, Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment