Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

I like Valentine's Day. I generally don't get chocolates and flowers...but I do make sure I give flowers to my grandma. She is such a special person in my life. She is nearly 90 years old and has been in a wheelchair since she was 7 years old! She lives by herself in a small town, has a laptop computer, and checks facebook every so often.

When I think about the vast amount of things she has experience in just her lifetime...it's just sooo crazy! She's gone from no tv in the home to owning her own laptop. She's gone from the onset of 8tracks...to...BlueRay.

She has had at least 3 men ask her to marry her...and probably a few more that never got up the nerve to ask her. She met my grandfather on a train...and was asked to be the wife of my grandpa on a train as well. She is probably the sweetest person I know...and I love her so much.

My grandmother is a Christian and loves life to the fullest. You will never hear her complain about the life she was given. She embraces life with a passion and interest unlike any one I have ever met and has never let herself be limited by her chair. As a matter of fact...the people that truly know her never really even see her chair. Now - I know she probably doesn't believe that most days, but it's SO true!

When she goes to Heaven...she will leave behind such a tall order...such a life to strive for...to be thankful in ALL things. She is thankful in all things. Of course she's not perfect, as none of us are...but she truly is a gem...and I thank God for her all the time.

So - in honor of Valentine's Day - I am dedicating this to my grandma. I love you and hope you enjoy your roses!

0 comments:

Post a Comment