Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

A new year requires new goals!

There is so much focus on resolutions at the beginning of the year. Fitness plans, spiritual plans, relationship promises etc... I love this time of year. New beginnings - new chances - new plans!

This could be my best year yet! It probably will be!

I'm reading the book "Always True" by Pastor James Macdonald now...it's about holding on to the promises of God...especially when going through a rough time. I'm not currently going through a rough time, but I know there are those around me who are...so I want to be an encouragement to them.

In family news - Matt, my younger brother, is engaged - which is super exciting. Brian got a NEW snowboard, so he's out on the slopes today to test it out. He had one all picked out, but when he went to the store to actually buy it - the guy at the store strongly suggested a different one. Game-time decision - he took the store guy's advice. We both think that it was a good decision - we will find out today!! Hopefully he will come back in all one piece.

This weekend I finished a baby-boy quilt top. This week I will pick out the back to it...I really need to get some pictures up. This quilt was a ton easier than my 1st one!! I hope to make many more if it continues to go this smoothly!!

Goals:
- Keep up with the book club's reading plan...I believe by the end of 2011 - I will have read 12 books!!
- Spend 5 out of 7 days in God's Word
- Workout 2 to 3 days a week. (I know kinda weak, but a good start and doable!)
- Save at least $300 more a month than we did last year. This will be a good challenge!
- Finish our kitchen! We're almost 1/2 way there...

Well - that's all for now. I'm sure February will bring to light more goals, where I'm slacking, and new challenges!

0 comments:

Post a Comment