Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Focus

Committing to a blog is exhausting. Do I write every day? Every other day? Every week?

What do I write about? Personal life? What if I say too much...what if I don't say enough...? What if my "spiritual insights" aren't exactly spot on?

Am I over thinking this? Probably.

But I want my blog - the words that I share with hopefully more than 1 person (eventually) to make a difference. If it's a personal blog, then it would be ideal if my whole family were 'tuned' to this blog...but is that what I really want? My whole family in tune? I mean...maybe when we have kids and I want to post somewhere other than Facebook... but what about now?

I'm thinking about just focusing on what's going on day to day...week to week...and see where it goes. For instance...

Last night I was reading "Always True" by Pastor James MacDonald. It's a great book. I am just through the first chapter and I find myself thinking that I should go over the 1st chapter again. It's filled to the brim with such encouraging uplifting truths. The truth I read about last night is "God is always with me"

Think about that...always with me. He's not always with everyone...just those that want Him around. How incredible is that?! I want The Lord around me - with me... I think this truth will be KEY this year because I am more determined than ever to shake this whole 'fear' habit of mine. I mean look at how this entry started "What if.....what if...." God is so much bigger than the "what ifs" in life...and I just need to remember that as I live out my life.

Deut. 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them for the Lord your God is with you. He will never leave or forsake you."

That is my memory verse for this week...and really through the whole year. I don't have to be afraid of what's to come...because the Lord is with me. This is not some kind of naive chatter or thought. This is a promise. There are 4 other promises I will be reading about this month and I am eager to explore them!

This is what I want to write about. What I am learning in my walk with the Lord. Obviously in that - personal triumphs and trials will come and go...but this is an excellent way for me to really see how I'm progressing.

Eventually I'm sure it will be a way for me to be accountable...but will probably need more readers for that. haha. Who knows...maybe in February I will take a jump and share on Facebook? Who knows where this could go...

0 comments:

Post a Comment