Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Counting down to Christmas

I love Christmas.  I'm pretty sure I always have.

The husband's job makes it difficult for both of us to be excited for the holidays though.  He works so much, deals with customers, listens to Christmas music all day long - you know the same loop of radio jingles for a 10 hour stretch and doesn't get very many days off during December.  So, needless to say, we have very different views of the Christmas Spirit.

The one thing I'm so thankful for is that we both really try to focus on what is important during the Christmas season.  We are just so thankful for what God is doing and has done in our lives...I can't imagine not celebrating his Son's birth.  Even though Christmas tends to be a bit intense - at least I know that when the actual 25th comes around - I will have my husband back and we can celebrate with family together.

The really crazy thing to think about is NEXT Christmas!  How will it work with a baby?!  How will we juggle daycare, my work and his extended schedule?  So many questions - and no answers right now.  That's okay with me though.  The thought of celebrating as a little family just makes me so happy.  And the thought of celebrating w/out being pregnant makes me happier.

Don't get me wrong - I am more than thankful we were able to get pregnant and I am now carrying our son or daughter, BUT I certainly do not understand all these people who loooooooooove being pregnant.  They must be crazy!  I wouldn't say I hate it, but I find it difficult to understand why one would love this feeling?  Oh well, to each their own I guess.  Perhaps somewhere along the lines of the 2nd trimester I will see the light.  Or maybe birth is so bad that women are just thankful for pregnancy?  Or maybe they normally feel bad so when pregnancy comes along they figure at least they have a baby on the way... I don't know?  Maybe some day I will  understand...

TWO Days...now almost ONE until I see my grandma and family.  I'm so excited!  I can't wait to celebrate Christmas ON Christmas with them AND BRIAN!  It just means so much to me.  I am sad that Brian will be away from his family at Christmas time and I know that will be hard on both him and his family...  but I really can't help but feel so happy at the same time to be able to celebrate on Christmas with my family.  AND have my grandma there...I just can't remember the last time that happened.  I know our time is limited with Grandma, so I love it when we get holidays with her.

Brief update on preggo-life.  It's week 16 and I still have limited energy.  When I get too tired I cry for really no reason at all.  I am not craving anything, however I DO have an appetite again so that's great!  I actually got to clean most of my house last saturday and I still can't believe that I had the energy to do that.  I have heartburn all the time and burb up nearly everything that I eat.  Gross.  I'm very thankful for TUMS.  They help me curb my grossness.  There are very few nights I sleep well, so I still go to bed pretty early and I sleep with this giant pillow called a snoogle. Oh - and my hips/hip-joint? has started randomly hurting...especially when I sleep in certain positions and I get headaches every day.

All of this to say...I AM feeling better now that I'm out of the 1st trimester and am looking forward to better days!  Most things mentioned above I already dealt with and are much less of a problem than feeling like death every morning, so a vast improvement.

0 comments:

Post a Comment