Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Finally! Another post!

I have been waiting and waiting for a chance to actually sign on to my computer and write a post!  My friend Becca now has a blog and I see her updates all the time!  If I didn't have vacation pictures to post...I would've already gotten something up!  Ok, well most of this blog post will be pictures...with captions...

 This is a clock at the Pirate House. I just thought it was cool...so I took a couple pics...
 More clock...
 It is said that The Pirate House is haunted...here's a creepy staircase leading to nowhere - if you look closely at the top step - you can see the ceiling...odd.
 Here's the room with the staircase - quaint and creepy at the same time...there's one thing not quite right about this picture...anyone??  ???  Yep - the ketchup bottle on the shelf.
 This staircase leads to the tunnels...that lead to the river.  Pirates were recruited by a rather unorthodox method...get some random guy drunk till he passes out...carry him to the ship through the tunnels and he wakes up a pirate!
 The River Front!  Too bad we didn't go on one of those cool riverboats!  It was windy and chilly that day!
 Savannah candy factory! YUM!  I could spend a lot of time here!  Loved it!  Brian had to drag me out.  Here they put the taffy in wrappers and throw it at you!  Fresh Salt water taffy!  So good!
 You can pick out a tin and fill it with taffy for free!
 Many tourist shops to choose from!
 This is my freezing husband - who gets a little antsy when I spend too much time taking pictures.
 LOVED this place!  It was great - create your own pizza - brilliant!  We left here stuffed!
 YA...so this is the flea market we checked out.  WOW there's not many words for this.  VHS tapes, Giant worthless TVs, guns, arrows, other people's junk - you name it - if it's junk - it was here!  That's what happens when you can buy a table for $20 and sell whatever ya want!
 This was a "boutique" at the flea market. 
 The cow - welcomes you to the flea market.
 The husband and I waiting for a table at Ye Olde Pink House!
 Wow...I'm looking huge!  I must have looked really uncomfy because after 40 minutes they came and offered us a dining spot IN the actual restaurant!  When we got there - they said it was a 2.5 hour wait!
 Our candle lit dining room!  It was called "the office".
 Sorbet for dessert! Perfect ending to a perfect meal.
 Brian posed for an obligatory picture.  I love you!
 I snuck this one in there!  I was merely trying to get a picture of the front of the house - when the guy at the door offered to take our picture together...how could I refuse???
In the airport on the way to get McDonalds, return the car, and fly back home.  

Overall it was a lovely vacation!  We spent a lot of quality time together and had a wonderful time.  We both wish it was longer, but are really grateful for the time spent together!

1 comments:

daniel.and.stefanie said...

I love these!! I'm so glad you posted pics of your vaca :) AND I love looking at pictures of your belly bump! As I'm writing this, my neighbor (in my apt) just had a newborn baby last week that has been crying non stop for the past 30 minutes. We're in for a treat soon :)

Post a Comment