Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

It's been a while!

It's probably a good thing I don't have a regular "following" on my blog. There are going to be times where I don't update very frequently at all. Perhaps I would make more time if I had more followers? I'm not 100% sure that would really help though. So much has happened since my last post.

First of all, my friend Shannon had her baby. I just can't wait to get back to omaha and see Jude! What a great name, Jude. She told me it means "happy." That is SO AWESOME! How would you like your name to mean happy? Love it! I'm currently working on a quilt for Jude...not sure if I will actually get it done in time...but we will see? I have 2 weeks...well...3 weeks to get it done. Making a quilt for Jude would be a lot easier if I knew how his baby room was docorated. All I have is "vintage nautical." ...well hopefully the fabric I picked out remotely matches this theme. Jude was supposed to be here in May, however apparently he had other plans!! I can't wait to meet him.

In wedding news - My brother's wedding is coming up quick! The shower is just around the corner...also in 3 weeks. I'm busy preparing cute games and praying the restuarant will have it all together when we arrive. The invitations are sent out and I'm already receiving RSVPs! I really hope Jess is pleased. I really want her to feel welcome in our family.

Jr. High - Wow only 5 weeks left in the jr. high year...and we are not meeting for 2 of them (Easter and Mother's day). That only leaves 3 more weeks with my 7th grade girls! They're going to be 8th graders before I know it! YIKES! I can't imagine how their parents feel...they move through jr. high SO FAST!!! Small group - This week is the last week small group will meet on Tuesday nights. A friend of mine usually does a summer study and I really enjoyed that last year, so hopefully she does it again!

Family - The hubs and I are doing really well! Not sure if I mentioned it before but we have a roommate right now. I feel like more and more he's becoming part of our family. Seriously. I mean, he was a friend before, but in the past month or so...he's just become part of our lives. It's honestly been a great experience having him in our home. God has completely blessed us by him staying with us, and I hope we have been/can be a blessing in his life as well. A lot of people have commented on how "generous" it is - that we opened our home, but really...after all God has blessed us with...how could we not? It's only because of him that we really have everything we do. Well - that wraps up my mini update.

Hopefully I get more family followers! Have a great day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment