Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Too long.

I haven't written in an incredibly long time.  It's actually been so long that I don't even know where to start.  I think I might just start where we are.  So, where are we? Be prepared...I'm feeling incredibly scattered right now and the following thoughts are going to show it!

We are still in our townhome.  We have been trying to sell it since July and so far we've had no luck.  The feeling is bittersweet because on one hand I want to get out of this house, but on the other I don't know exactly where we'd go at this point?  Brian has done SO much to this place and I really would love to share it on this blog, however that's just not going to happen right now. HA.

Let's see - what else?  This past weekend we had our good friends Stef and Dan and their little boy, Jake, in town.  It was just like old times!  We laughed, joked, and ate together.  I miss them so much.  I know it was incredibly stressful and crazy for them to move away, but I can't help but hope their time away is super brief and they're back before we even know it. 

We are on a new budget.  It has been incredibly difficult to watch our spending after a summer of spending.  I have become acquainted with Aldi - that's a whole new topic in and of itself.  I do most my shopping at Wal-mart and plan my meals for the week every Sunday.  We've done well the last 2 months and I'm looking forward to making more of an effort to save and plan ahead.  Somewhere along the line this year, we stopped thinking ahead and started living in the NOW!  Not wise. We are getting this corrected.

You know, I'm learning a lot.  These past couple months have been hard.  They have been hard financially, emotionally, professionally, honestly in just about every way I can think of and express.  As I get into the habit of writing again I will share with you some new things in my life and some things Brian and I have walked through together.

I must say that during this time God has been extremely close and I also consider myself incredibly fortunate to have the friends and family that I do. 

With that - I think I will call it a day.  I'll leave you with a couple pictures - my little sunshine is growing!!

 She just loves her bear!
 Visiting her friend Jasper - she discovered the biggest bear ever!
 NEW girly carseat! Yes - it is THAT PINK in real life!
NEW puffy vest!! She loves it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment